Expectancy Scanning Studio Terms & Conditions
1. This contract is between Private Pregnancy Ultrasound Services Ltd T/A Expectancy Scanning Studios Ltd. (Expectancy) and the Customer (you) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. Expectancy will provide a diagnostic fetal ultrasound (“the Scan”).
Our Sonographers are not in possession of your medical records or history and are therefore not in a position to medically advise you on any diagnostic results. You should always seek the advice of your Consultant and / or General Practitioner with any questions you may have regarding the Scan.
Under no circumstances should the scan be seen as a substitute for a dating, anomaly or any other scan offered to you by your hospital or General Practitioner during the antenatal process unless the Scan is being carried out as a result of a direct referral by your GP or Midwife and as such the Scan is a private scan to be treated as the equivalent of your regular NHS scan.
• The purpose of the Early Pregnancy/Dating* scan is to determine viability of an early pregnancy and gestational age.
• The purpose of the Anomaly scan is to determine the general developmental wellbeing and growth of the pregnancy.
• The purpose of the Growth and Presentation scan is to determine fetal lie,size and estimate fetal weight.
• The purpose of the Gender scan is to provide a professional opinion of the gender (sex) of a baby and general growth and wellbeing.
• The purpose of the Reassurance scan is to determine the general wellbeing of the pregnancy.
• The purpose of the Growth and 4D scan is as for growth scan also to provide enhanced diagnostic views and/or to produce souvenir images.
* May involve Transvaginal / Internal Scanning.
Scan report & pictorial souvenirs.
3. Expectancy will supply a report in paper print format including images and/or measurement results taken during the Scan.
4. Expectancy recommends that you contact your usual General Practitioner or Midwife to discuss the Scan results. Expectancy will supply optional DVD video recording ,electronic file, USB and / or still paper prints of the Scan.
You have licence to use the souvenir material on the basis that you will not use it for medical reference or for any other purpose other than home use. Expectancy will not maintain any record of the souvenir scan images.
In the case of a 4D scan option, if, in our Sonographers opinion, your baby’s position at the time of the scan prevents the production of suitable pictorial souvenirs, various options will be discussed with you. A minimum charge for the scan time of £50 will apply.
Price and payment terms.
5. The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated in Expectancy’s published price list from time to time.
6. A Deposit is payable at booking to secure the appointment. This is a non-refundable payment in the event of cancellation by the customer. ESS will endeavour to reimburse if in the rare event the scan is cancelled by ESS and a suitable alternative appointment cannot be offered to the client. Full balance of payment shall be made at the appointment before the scan is undertaken and Expectancy are not bound to deliver a scan report or pictorial souvenir either in DVD, USB format or paper print until paid for by the customer.
7. Bookings for the Scan are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
8. Expectancy accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects howsoever caused whilst customers are on the premises.
9. Expectancy reserves the right to modify the service without notice from time to time. If by doing so the service is materially different then you will have a right of cancellation.
10. Expectancy will not be responsible or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damage:
a) Caused by any act or omission by Expectancy or its employees, servants or Agents
b) Suffered by any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any scan or any information supplied in connection with the scan. Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Expectancy.
11. Expectancy will not be responsible for any breach of this contract caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
12. This contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is the entire contract between you and Expectancy.
Click here to read our Pregnancy Ultrasound T&Cs
Click here to read our Female Health Ultrasound T&Cs